I’ve always liked accounting, but my journey has some twists and turns.
I started in a large CPA firm and then a large corporation. I felt I contributed and I also felt I learned. But … I also learned I was more personable than the other accountants. This was Good news / Bad news.
Bad news: I didn’t fit the corporate mold; some didn’t “get” that an accountant could be super serious and focused yet still be personable. Good news: I could talk ‘non-techy’ language to my colleagues.
Ultimately … I realized I needed to make a change (although, it took me years to figure that out)!
I now know who I am and what I’m passionate about: being the accountant that is a high achiever and focused … yet is personable and can explain things to you in terms you can understand — with information you can use.
I set high standards and live with intent. I listen and talk with clients, not to them. I value treating people with respect.
I am a high achiever. But the value I also strive for: slow down to “enjoy the ride” — be grateful now!
I live and work with purpose. I strive to make an impact, be relationship driven, and “make someone’s day”.
Bull Dog. If I say I am going to do something, I stick to it. I like to blaze trails – take on challenges.
I’ve spent years learning and I still love it
- CPA (continue to research/learn software and business throughout the year)
- Masters of Business Administration (concentration Accounting)
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
I’ve also “rolled up my sleeves” and . . .
- Dug in detail to perform accounting tasks
- Worked through “messy” works of previous accountants and non-accountants
- Worked with many different software packages and different types of businesses
As a Controller/CFO, I’ve . . .
- Managed accounting departments
- Performed high level analysis like strategic planning and forecasting
- Worked with many non-accountants and can explain techy info in a non-techy way
I am lucky to have you as an accountant Barb Ewerth Brady!
So beyond thankful for you Barb in this area. I think you have learned a lot about Trucking in these years together — maybe more than you ever wanted.
Tired of trying to do it for yourself? Barb Ewerth Brady (Accounting Firm) could be your saving grace.
Just hired Barb Ewerth Brady … she is amazing. I am learning so much from her . . . and getting all of my finances put together. It’s just amazing. I feel like a big weight was lifted off me. Thanks so much Barb for simplifying it for me ha ha !!! You’re the best !!!
We talk upfront about the fees. It’s important to make sure we both see value.